- Soil Excavations and Soil Profiles.
- Atterberg Limits - Plasticity - Liquid Limit - Linear Shrinkage.
- Road and Foundation Indicator Tests.
- MOD AASHTO and Optimum Moisture Content (OMC) Tests.
- CBR Bearing Material Classification Tests.
- Stabilized Material Layerworks - ITS and UCS (C4, C3, Mix Design), Stabilized Content Analysis.
- Concrete Quality Control Testing and Concrete Mix Design.
- Concrete Cube Crush Strength Tests - Concrete Quality Tests.
- Concrete Core Drilling Tests and Asphalt Core Drilling Tests.
- Slump Test and Sampling of Fresh Concrete.
- Manufacture of Concrete Cubes - on-site and in-house.
- Cement and Mortar Content Analysis.
- Bricks, Blocks and Paver Crush Strength Tests.
Houses – Buildings – Foundations – Warehouses – Industrial Projects – Dams - Waterways
Soil Excavations – Soil Profiling – Atterberg Limits – Road and Foundation Indicators - DCP Testing – MOD AASHTO and Moisture
CBR Bearing Pressure - C3 and C4 Mix Design
Soil Excavations and Soil Profiles - Atterberg Limits - Plasticity - Liquid Limit - Linear Shrinkage.
Road and Foundation Indicators - MOD AASHTO and Optimum Moisture Content (OMC).
CBR Bearing Material Classification.
Stabilized Material Layerworks - ITS and UCS (C4, C3, Mix Design), Stabilized Content.
Geo-technical Investigations - Foundations and Road Layerworks
Road Layerworks and Earthworks Testing
Compaction Testing – Nuclear Density Testing - Sand Replacement Test - Cement Content Analysis – DCP Testing
Asphalt Core Drilling - Cement Core Drilling
All earthworks should be carried out in a manner that promotes the stable development of the site. It is recommended that earthworks be carried out along the guidelines given in SANS 1200 (current version) and according to TRH14 Guidelines for Road Construction Materials.
Rock Aggregate Analysis – Quarry Aggregate Analysis – Compaction Layerworks Testing
Aggregate Grading - Aggregate Crushing Value - ACV, 10% Fact, Relative Density (RD), Apparent Relative Density (ARD), Bulk Relative Density (BRD), Loose Bulk Density (LBD), Compacted Bulk Density (CBD), Average Least Dimension (ALD).
Flakiness Index (FI) - Sand and Aggregate Moisture Correction.
Concrete and Cement Strength Testing
Concrete Cube Crushing - (150mmX150mmX150mm) - Concrete Cube Crushing - (100mmX100mmX100mm)
Brick Strength Testing - Block Strength Testing - Paver Strength Testing
Concrete Quality Control Testing and Concrete Mix Design - Concrete Core Drilling.
Slump Test and Sampling of Fresh Concrete - Manufacture of Concrete Cubes - on-site and in-house.
Cement and Mortar Content Analysis.
Geotechnical Investigations – Soil Report Data-sets – Independent Research Analysis
It is recommended that excavations be carried out in the dry season as far as possible and completed/backfilled with a minimum of delay. Lateral support should be used in all situations where ground water is encountered or instability is observed.
Onsite Laboratory EstablishmentGeotechnical Solutions is authorized by the South African Department of Health’s Nuclear Regulatory Body to carry out field density nuclear gauge compaction tests.
Geotechnical Solutions is a South African Department of Health Accredited Licensed Nuclear Authority